Last updated 17 January 2017
Welcome to the RDI Network website.
- Your use of the RDI Network website rdinetwork.org.au (“the website”), operated by the RDI Network (“we”, “us” or “our”) is deemed to be your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully.
- These Terms and Conditions of use are stipulated for the RDI Network website by the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), as the legal authority of the RDI Network.
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the website.
- You must not post or transmit via the website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
- The RDI Network website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
- Any comments on the website are provided by, and are the responsibility of, the person or people who made such postings. We do not endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any the comments posted on the website or endorse any of the opinions expressed.
- The website may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the RDI Network. We take reasonable care in linking to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites. RDI Network website has no control over, and we assume no responsibility for, the content or practices of any third party websites.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
- When you create an account with us as a Standard or Expert member, you must provide us information that is accurate and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of these Terms and Conditions, which may result in termination of your membership account on the website.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access your membership account and for any activities or actions under your password.
- You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
- The development and management of the RDI Network website is coordinated by us; however, some interactions with the website may occur on systems under the control of third party business partners.
- We strive to protect comments, submissions and information you provide through the website. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your comments and information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code* will enter the website. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- In order to participate in, and contribute to the RDI Network website, you may be required to register and provide an email address.
- We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other Agency:
- to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Australian Capital Territory.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining Terms and Conditions will continue in full force.
- We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If a revision is material, we will provide notice to users. The most recent version will appear on the website.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding our site.
* harmful code: Any form of harmful, surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware or adware.