Development organisations can include civil society organisations, faith-based organisations, grass-roots organisations, disabled people’s organisations (DPOs) and / or other miscellaneous organisations.
How confident do you feel in your understanding of the landscape of development organisations? Can you identify relevant development organisations and communicate shared opportunities in clear, accessible language?
This includes drawing on development organisations to effectively support project co-design, and participation of local voices.
Here is a curated list of resources that can explore respectful partnership approaches and relationships:
- Religion and Development: Australian Faith based development organisations (Report, PDF; 75 min)
- Strengthening Network and Building Relationships (Blog; case studies, 30 min)
- Exploring Partnerships between Academia and Disabled Persons’ Organisations: Lessons Learned from Collaborative Research in Africa (online journal; 90 mins)
- Layered and Linking Research Partnerships: Learning from YOUR World Research in Ethiopia and Nepal (online journal; 90 mins)
- Partner country governments can enable more meaningful engagement to maximise a whole-of-society approach (Making Development Co-operation More Effective: online chapter, 120 mins)
- DIY: Development Impact & You. Practical Tools to Trigger & Support Social Innovation (Worksheets & Templates; PDF downloads)