Position title: Network Officer (RDI Network)
Team: Policy and Advocacy Team (ACFID)
Location: Melbourne (central city office location)
Employment Status: Part time (1 or 2 days a week), flexible hours, six-month fixed term contract
As Network Officer , you will be responsible for providing high-level strategic and/or operational support to the Network and Partnerships Manager during a busy six-month period. This position supports the Network Secretariat and the RDI Committee (‘the Governing Committee’) in fulfilling the objectives and work plan of the Network, including:
- Building and maintaining relationships with Network members, external stakeholders and key organisations within the sector;
- Supporting the Network to develop and implement engagement plans around products/events; and
- Leading project management of key Network initiatives as directed/agreed, including the management of external consultants and steering/advisory groups.
Required Functional Competencies, Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in development project management, with demonstrated responsibility for decision-making in planning, monitoring and reporting (at least 4 years preferable).
- High-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project and event management, including working with consultants and stakeholders in a collaborative manner.
- Understanding of the link between research, evidence and development effectiveness issues in the aid and development sector in Australia (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in supporting, managing, and reporting in multi-stakeholder partnerships (desirable).
- An understanding of the issues relevant to the aid and development sector and/or an understanding of the functional and operational realities of academic institutions and development NGOs (desirable).
- An ability to undertake domestic travel is also required for this position.
Please be aware that any offer of employment will require a National Police Check. To be eligible for this position you must have a legal right to work in Australia.
How to Apply
If you have relationship management skills, event coordination and expertise in the field of international development, we encourage you to apply!
To do so, please send your cover letter, CV and brief statement addressing the required core and functional competencies (max. 2 pages) to Dr. Philippa Smales at [email protected] with the subject line “RDI Network – Network Officer”.
Applications will close COB Monday 3rd February 2020 and any questions can be directed to Philippa Smales (RDI Network and Partnerships Manager), at [email protected]