The Australian WASH Reference Group and Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade are proud to announce the upcoming conference WASH Futures 2018: Collaboration for Universal WASH. Hosted by the International WaterCentre, the event will take place 5-9 March 2018 in Brisbane.
Abstract submissions for the WASH Futures 2018 Conference are now being accepted from interested individuals or groups for oral or poster presentations, and training workshops. Abstract submissions are open until 2 July.
The conference will gather a wide range of practitioners and professionals from industry and private sectors, governments and academic institutions to contribute to the broader international WASH dialogue and share knowledge with the Australian WASH community and partners.
The five day program comprises a two day conference and three days of training workshops, and will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on the following topics:
- Financing and investing to achieve universal and sustainable WASH systems
- Collaborative and effective WASH enabling environments
- Equitable WASH
- Women and sustainable WASH
- Sustainable WASH for rural populations
- Urban water and sanitation systems
- WASH service delivery beyond households
- Hygiene for personal health and wellbeing
- Integrating WASH with water security and other sectors
- Achieving SDG6 in Pacific Island Countries
Abstracts are invited from interested individuals or groups, on the conference topics, or other relevant topics. Collaborations between organisations are encouraged, as are teams of trainers/workshop presenters, to enable a diversity of experiences from conceptual/academic to practice.
To find out more and to submit an abstract before 15 June, visit the WASH Futures 2018 abstract portal.