An exciting opportunity to join our team in a part-time paid capacity!
The RDI Network fosters collaboration between Australian universities and NGOs to promote high-quality and ethical development research, translated as evidence and applied to effective policy and practice. RDI Network has been working in partnership with the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) for many years, with funding from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The Network is governed by a Board of Directors and members (Steering Committee), NGOs and Australian universities.
In 2023, the Network evolved into a not-for-profit Public Company Limited by Guarantee, with administrative services, media and communications, and governance all sitting within the Board of Directors and membership. We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced Network Coordinator to help us with executive functions as the RDI Network continues to grow in its new form.
This is a part-time remote (WFH) role for a Network Coordinator. The Network Coordinator will be integral to the operations of the Network in supporting connection, engagement with, and growth of the membership; will ensure effective communication and coordination among network members; be responsible for the delivery of external and internal communications, ensuring the image, brand, and messaging of RDI Network is upheld; and assist with key administrative functions and project management tasks.
- Network Administration and Project Management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively coordinate with network members and provide support to
- Membership service experience, preferably in a network or membership-based organisation
Ideally, you will have experience in a similar role, a passion for online engagement, and an active interest in the vital linkages between development research, policy, and practice. You are highly skilled at managing your time and priorities and can work to deadlines while maintaining high attention to detail. You will bring a natural ability to create and develop internal and external communications.
SCOPE AND LOCATION
The candidate will report to the RDI Network Board of Directors and must be Australian-based (with existing legal entitlement to work in Australia) and will be remote/home-based. This is a fixed-term, casual position for an initial six-month term with possibility of extension.
- Manage scheduling of committee meetings and handle associated administrative requirements – agendas, minutes, etc
- Support the Board of Directors to oversee RDI Network operations and key events
- Drive RDI Networks social media and communications – LinkedIn and Facebook
- Collate and deliver the RDI Network newsletter
- Supporting RDI Network to identify funding and partnership opportunities
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably within the sector and proficiency in Microsoft suite, web content maintenance platforms, and email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in carrying out projects to timelines
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including editing and promotional copywriting and an ability to write for multiple audiences
- Ability to establish good working relationships and consult with a diverse group of stakeholders in the production of materials
- A creative approach to tasks and willingness to collaborate and generate new ideas to add strategic value
- Demonstrated experience in, or an understanding of development research, policy, and practice as it relates to the international development sector.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted to either:
and include the following documents:
- 1–2-page response to the Selection Criteria and your motivations for working with the RDI Network.
- Resume/CV including two current referee contacts.