The RDI Network is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EoI) from colleagues who wish to participate in the organisation of the next RDI Conference (2021), through involvement in the Conference Committee.
The RDI Conference is recognised as one of the key events in the Australian development sector calendar. Held every two years, it attracts engagement from a broad range of researchers and practitioners around a chosen theme and also produces a valuable series of published work through dedicated volumes of the Development Bulletin, published by the Australian National University. Previous Conference themes have included Leadership for Inclusive Development, Evidence and Practice in an Age of Inequality and Development Futures: Alternative Pathways to end Poverty.
The RDI Conference 2019, hosted by La Trobe University, was attended by over 400 delegates including international development practitioners, academics, students, consultants and private sector representatives.
Role and Responsibilities of Conference Committee Members
The Conference Committee will consist of between 10-15 sector representatives, and will work alongside the RDI Network and the Conference University Host (to be confirmed) to:
- set the strategic direction for the Conference, including conference objectives, abstract selection, keynote speakers, program development;
- draft relevant Conference documentation, including sponsorship strategy, thematic overview, concept note, website content, call for abstracts, running sheets, promotionals;
- undertake outreach and communication, including approaching potential sponsors, exhibition table holders, keynote speakers, side event holders; and
- provide assistance to the host university, including with logistics, communications, sector engagement.
Committee members and their organisations will be duly recognised and acknowledged on the conference website, and members receive free conference registration.
Criteria for membership of the conference committee include:
- ability to attend regular Conference Committee meetings, held every three weeks from July 2020 until the dates of the Conference in mid-2021;
- ability to commit significant time to participation in reviewing abstracts and full papers, and to attending the conference;
- demonstrated experience in organising a conference or in being on a conference committee; and
- an active knowledge of and commitment to the aims and objectives of the RDI Network.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining the committee, please submit an EoI with your name, role and background, and details addressing the selection criteria above (maximum 1 page).
For more information about this call or to submit a completed Expression of Interest, please contact Jen Branscombe at [email protected] by 19 June 2020.