We are looking for a new committee member. That could be you!
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Research for Development Impact (RDI) Committee as a new NGO member. We are looking a highly skilled, experienced, and engaged practitioner to complement our Committee members. You will play a vital role in advising, leading and facilitating activities of the Network including networking, work-plan development, event management, project and team management skills, MEL methodologies and practice, ethical research and evaluation.
Applications close midday AEDT on 24th Jan 2020. Ideally you would be available to come to the 20th Feb full-day committee meeting in Canberra, after the Australasian AID Conference. Please click here for more details for submitting an expression of interest.
Benefits to committee members and supporting institutions:
- Opportunities to expand the personal and professional cross-sector network of the member and their institution or organisation;
- Increased opportunities to interact and contribute to dialogue with DFAT;
- Increased opportunity to strengthen relationships and collaborate with ACFID, and peer NGOs and universities on the RDI Committee;
- Increased opportunities for the Committee member and their institution or organisation to showcase their work at RDI Network events;
- Opportunities for professional development and to learn and apply new skills: e.g. how to network, work-plan development, event management, project and team management skills, MEL methodologies and practice, ethical research and evaluation.
Committee members are seen as experts in the field. As the Network grows, the reputation and profile of Committee members as experts in international development research will also increase.
Please send your completed expression of interest by email to Philippa Smales, Network and Partnerships Manager at [email protected]
The successful applicants will be determined by the current sitting university members of the RDI Committee.
For further information, contact Philippa Smales via email [email protected] (please email to arrange a phone call if you would like to discuss the opportunity).