Join the Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute and the Research for Development Impact (RDI) Network as we explore collaborative research and practice opportunities to contribute to the 11th ‘urban’ Sustainable Development Goal.
This afternoon networking session will open with a panel of four leaders in the field of sustainable urban development, pitching some of their own ideas for research-practice collaboration based on their own professional and personal experiences.
This will be followed by networking activities.
Your panellists will be:
- Dr Cathy Oke – City of Melbourne Councillor, First Vice President of Local Government’s for Sustainability (ICLEI) and University of Melbourne Enterprise Senior Fellow in Informed Cities
- Leanne Marshall – Shelter Advisor, Australian Red Cross and Co-Chair of the Australian Council for International Development Urban Community of Practice
- Professor Michele Acuto – University of Melbourne Professor of Global Urban Politics and Director of the Connected Cities Lab
- Nicola Thompson – Associate Director of Environment and Resilience and AECOM and former 100 Resilient Cities Head of Global Partnerships
- (Chair) Professor Don Henry AM – University of Melbourne Enterprise Professor of Environmentalism and former CEO of the Australian Conservation Foundation and WWF Australia