Reshaping Agriculture for Better Nutrition – The Agriculture, Food, Nutrition, Health Nexus
Agricultural scientists have long highlighted the plight of the world’s hungry, with their work resulting in yield increases that have fed billions. However, there is increasingly a focus on not just producing more, but producing better, with less.
The 2018 Crawford Fund Annual Conference is being held on 13-14 August in Canberra, and features eminent international and Australian speakers. The conference will explore how we can feed the world’s increasing population with a nourishing diet that promotes good health and at the same time minimises further environmental impact.
An exciting line-up of speakers includes:
- Dr Alessandro Demaio, CEO of the Eat Foundation and co-host of Ask the Doctor on ABC television
- Rebecca Boustead, Head of Corporate Communications, Government Relations and Public Affairs, Kellogg Asia Pacific
- Dr Jessica Fanzo, Co-chair of the Global Nutrition Report; Senior Nutrition and Food Systems Officer, UN FAO; and Bloomberg Distinguished Professor, Johns Hopkins University
- Professor Glenn Denning from the Earth Institute and Colombia University
- Dr Marco Wopereis, Director General of the World Vegetable Center
- Prof Andrew Campbell, CEO, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
For more information and to register, please visit the conference website.