The 2018 Pacific Update, hosted by the Development Policy Centre and the University of South Pacific’s School of Economics, will be held on 5-6 July at the University of the South Pacific’s Laucala Campus in Suva, Fiji.
The Pacific Update is the premier, annual forum for the discussion of important public policy issues in the Pacific region. It is open to the public and gathers policymakers, academics, researchers, business people, and development practitioners to discuss economic, social, political and environmental developments in the Pacific.
This year, conference sessions will examine themes such as:
- Economic development and poverty alleviation
- Climate change, resilience, and the blue economy
- Gender equality
- Labour mobility, migration and international trade
- Resource management, fisheries, and agriculture
- Social policy, health and education
- Financial inclusion
- Economic management and public sector reform
- Infrastructure management and development
- Foreign aid and climate financing
- Political economy of development
Find all the latest details via the Development Policy Centre website.